Sunday, November 28, 2010

Dumb Duds: Crocs

I hate Crocs. I just do.

http://www.crocshoesnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/crocs.jpg
Look at them! I probably don't need to continue but I simply cannot wrap my brain around this "fascination". People say they're the most comfortable shoes you'll ever wear. I'm sure a hair shirt also keeps you very warm (eh, Margery Kempe?). Okay. I've never tried a pair on and I'm completely judging them based on aesthetics. I also judge books by their covers - deal with it.


The most disturbing thing about them are the ads. They're weird. I pass the following poster just about everyday on my way to work:

http://brandingm3.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/15adco_ca0-popup.jpg

Why are the Crocs wearing their fellow Crocs? I would never wear shoes made out of babies. And what is the Croc on the left foot doing? Is this an ad for shoes or foot fetishes? How can something that claims to be so comfortable make me so uncomfortable? And WHY would someone be wearing shoes while doing yoga? Sure, they aren't on her feet, but why are they there? It's just so disturbing on so many levels.

1 comment: